I can’t help but feel a little guilty for neglecting my blog for so long — my deepest apologies. I’ll be blogging more consistently, promise! Plus, I have some exciting things planned for the next few weeks and I can’t wait to share them with you all! So stay tuned!
In the mean time — Merlot for Breakfast?! Uhm, YES!
Background: A few weeks ago I attended a Pop Up Shop in KC at an awesome commercial photography studio ** shout out to 8183 Studio ** and stumbled upon a handful of amazing vendors — one of which happened to be Wood + Salt, a local brother/sister team specializing in uniquely crafted salts, brines, rubs and more. One of their salts especially caught my eye. Merlot Infused Sea Salt.
What? Yea. MERLOT INFUSED SEA SALT. That mean wine with… everything. Needless to say I was sold.
This was my first attempt at wine w/ everything. It was a good start to my day. This stuff deserves a part II.
arugula & olive oil salad / cinnamon & brown sugar roasted pecans
crispy pancetta / sunny side up
& merlot infused sea salt by Wood + Salt
Merlot Fried Egg Salad
– 1 1/2 C arugula
– 2 slices pancetta
– 1 Textra virgin olive oil
– 1 t balsamic vinegar
– salt & pepper
– Merlot Infused Sea Salt by Wood + Salt
How – to :
– cook pancetta in a pan on the stove as you would bacon until it’s reached your desired cooked – ness. I’m a burnt to a crisp kinda girl, but I know some of you like your bacon in more of a rubbery half cooked kinda why ;)
– remove cooked pancetta from pan and leave left over grease. cook egg in the same pan/grease. Also to desired cooked – ness
– whisk olive oil and balsamic together and salt and pepper to taste
– pour balsamic dressing over arugula, top with pancetta and egg
– sprinkle with Merlot salt and e.n.j.o.y.