I’m totally obsessed with cannellini beans right now. Why? I have no idea. But here’s this summer salad I’ve been living on for the past week. Simple. Healthy. Cheap.
recipe below, <3
Grilled Zucchini & Shrimp White Bean Salad
recipe for two —
– a can of cannellini beans, or garbanzo would be good with this too! strained & rinsed
– one zucchini, sliced about 1/4-1/8inch pieces
– about a 1/4 lb of raw cleaned & shelled shrimp (more is always better tho, right?!)
– 2 T (extra virgin) olive oil **picking a good olive oil is important (to me) for a recipe like this. it’s such a simple recipe and the flavor of the oil is essential. extra virgin is a must, in fact it’s all i buy in terms of olive oil. if you don’t know where to start in your olive oil search I like California Olive Ranch, which can be found at Whole Foods and Target. also Kirkland’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Costco is good too :)
– 1 T fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
how – to :
– marinade the zucchini and shrimp in a bowl with 1 T olive oil, fresh thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. the longer it sits the better, but no longer than 20ish minutes is necessary. and really it doesn’t need to sit at all if you don’t want/have time.
– grill or sauté the zucchini and shrimp. the shrimp will turn bright pink when it’s done and will feel firm. they only take a few minutes. depending on how thick you sliced the zucchini and how cooked you like it the time will vary. I like mine still crunchy, but not raw. no longer than 2 minutes on each side for me. if the center of the zucchini starts to look a little translucent i pull them off.
– toss with the strained and rinsed beans, add the remaining olive oil salt and pepper to taste.
eat & enjoy